We are Lettingweb Limited , a company incorporated in Scotland under the Companies Acts (company number SC242085) and having its registered office at 26 Dublin Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6NN and trading as "Lettingweb.com", "Lettingweb", "Lettingnews", "Lettingbooks", "Lettingfinance", "Lettingenergy", "Lettingjobs" and "Lettingwebsite". Our parent companies, subsidiaries and associated companies include (but are not limited to) Lettingweb.com Limited (SC204565). In these terms and conditions when we refer to "we" we mean Lettingweb Limited and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and associated companies from time to time. Our telephone number is 0845 855 8555. The words "us", "our" etc. will be construed accordingly. When we refer to "you" we mean the mean the user and/or browser of this web site (the "website").
2. These Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time which will take effect from the date of posting of such changes on the Sites. Your continued use of the Sites will mark your acceptance of any changes to the terms and conditions. These terms and conditions were last updated on 26 March 2007.
We may from time to time display additional terms and conditions on the Sites, for example in connection with a specific promotion or in connection with the sale of specific goods or services. If the terms and conditions for use of the Sites should conflict in any way with such additional terms then the additional terms will prevail.
3. About Linking by Hypertext to the Sites
Before providing a link to any of the Sites or Site Information (as defined below), you must seek our permission. To do this, email email@example.com with details of the URL which you wish to link to which forms part of the Sites and the URL of the page on which you will be displaying the link. We do not permit the display of any web pages which form part of the Sites or Site Information in any html frame unless we have expressly authorised such display in writing.
4. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights in the Sites
For the purposes of these terms and conditions the expression "Site Information" means the images, graphics, photographs, text, animations, videos, applets, computer programs, computer code and scripts operating within, or which form part of, the Sites.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright, trademarks, service marks, database rights and trading names) in the Site Information are owned by us. We may publish photographs, images or text on the Sites in which the copyright is not owned by us. Where this is done, and where practicable, we acknowledge the copyright owner.
You may view the Site Information in a web browser for private browsing purposes only. Copying the Site Information into a computer cache or storage device for private on or off-line browsing purposes is also permitted. You may not make a copy of the Site Information or any part of it for any other purpose without our prior written consent, which may be granted at our sole discretion (or where we do not own the copyright, we will direct you to the owners themselves for such consent (where reasonably practicable)). Furthermore, and without prejudice to the foregoing, you are not permitted to use, display or otherwise incorporate the Site Information into any web page which does not form part of the Sites by hypertext link, or by any other means other than copying, without our prior written consent. Nothing in these terms and conditions or on the Sites constitutes a licence to use or copy the Site Information.
5. About trademarks in the Site
The Sites contain numerous trademarks belonging to us. These trademarks include, but are not limited to: www.lettingweb.co.uk, www.lettingref.com, www.lettingdigital.com and www.lettinglegal.com
If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trademark of ours, please contact us for clarification by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also use some trademarks on the Site which are not owned by us. Where practicable, we acknowledge the relevant trade mark owners.
6. About the accuracy of the Site Information
The Site Information is provided "as is" and we make no representation, endorsement or warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. We will not be liable for any action taken (or not taken) in reliance upon the Site Information and such action is taken entirely at your own risk. We reserve the right to make changes to the Site Information to correct any errors or omissions (at our discretion) without notice and without liability to you.
External websites to which we provide hypertext links are not under our control and we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for their content.
It is a feature of the Sites that some of the Site Information is contributed to us by different third parties (such as, without limitation, landlords and letting agents) and we do not control those parties or their information. Opinions expressed within the Site Information are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent our opinions.
Additionally, any necessary information that has not been supplied by third-parties in their contribution (such as, but not limited to, landlord registration numbers, EPCs and full fee disclosure) is not under the control or responsibility of the Sites. The author responsible for the Information is listed where applicable.
The Sites, like any other, are susceptible to cyber-squatting, spoofing and vandalism. We do not accept any responsibility for, nor liability in respect of any losses arising from, or information which appears on the Sites as a result of, such actions.
Where the operation of the Sites depends on the input of information by you, the service provided by us depends on, and varies according to, the accuracy of such inputted information. We can therefore accept no responsibility for, nor any liability in respect of, the input of inaccurate information to the Sites by you and/or any third parties.
In the unlikely event that you find any inaccurate information on the Sites or have any complaint about what we have published please email email@example.com. We will investigate on receipt and take such action which we, in our sole discretion, determine as being appropriate having regard to all the circumstances.
Without prejudice to any of the other provisions of these terms and conditions, please note that the details of properties advertised on this website are prepared and submitted by landlords and their agents. Such details should be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. If you are interested in letting one of these properties, you should satisfy yourself by inspecting the property concerned and making all necessary enquiries and investigations, including (but not limited to) enquiries and investigations as to:
whether any of the services, appliances, equipment or facilities mentioned in any property advertisements have been tested and nothing in the advertisement should be deemed to be a statement that such services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order;
- whether any of the services, appliances, equipment or facilities mentioned in any property advertisements have been tested and nothing in the advertisement should be deemed to be a statement that such services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order;
- whether any property being offered for let is in a good and safe structural condition;
- whether any contents, furniture and plenishings described in the property advertisement or shown in any photographs relating to the property advertisement will be available to tenants or that they will be in the condition so described or shown;
- whether any property remains as described in the property advertisement or as shown in any photographs and without limitation, no assumption should be made about any parts of the property which are not so described as shown;
- whether any dimensions or measurements described in the property advertisement or apparent from any related photograph are precise or that they are given as anything other than a rough guide to the property dimension; and
- whether any property is subject to all necessary local authority or other consents.
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive and is for guidance only and may not cover points which arise in every case. You should not enter into any lease or other arrangement with any landlord or landlord's agent unless you have satisfied yourself on any points relating to the property or the lease which you are unsure of or have taken advice from your solicitor or accountant or financial adviser or other suitably qualified advisor.
You should make your own enquiries as to any claims or statements made in the course of any property advertisement, editorial material, legal advice or other advertisement on this website. We do not guarantee that such claims or statements are correct and you should take the appropriate professional advice before making any decision based on such claims or statements.
7. We are not Landlords nor Landlords' Agents
We are neither landlords nor landlords' agents and have no responsibility for the marketing of any of the properties you see on this website. If you become aware of any errors or misstatements on this website, we should be grateful if you would contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass on your comments to the relevant landlord or landlord's agent.
9. Provision of services by third parties
Some of the pages which form part of the Sites may make use of technologies and applications which are provided to us and/or hosted for us by third parties. Where you make use of such technologies and applications your information may be transmitted for processing to servers other than those which host the Sites and which are not within our control. We exclude all liability to you arising from any loss or damage you may sustain as a result of such transmission or processing. We make no representation, endorsement or warranty to the accuracy of information which appears on the Sites as a result of processing by, or originating from, third parties.
10. Further information about our liability to you
To the fullest extent lawfully possible, we exclude all liability to you in contract or in delict. We also exclude liability to you for any loss of profits, business, contracts, revenue, anticipated savings, goodwill, loss of or damage to data, or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising, including but not limited to business interruption. Without prejudice to the foregoing, our entire liability to you in connection with the use of the Sites shall be limited to £1. By using the Sites, you agree that this limitation is in all respects fair and reasonable.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, nothing in these terms and conditions shall, or shall be construed as purporting to, exclude or restrict liability in respect of death or personal injury for breach of duty arising in the course of business or from the occupation of business premises.
In using or browsing this website, you accept that we cannot be responsible for the content of any of the property advertisements, any editorial material, legal advice or other advertisement placed on this website and the inclusion of any such property advertisement, editorial material, legal advice or other advertisement on this website does not mean that we agree with or endorse any of the statements made in such property advertisement, editorial material, legal advice or other advertisement or that we recommend any of the properties, services or goods advertised.
12. Financial Services Advertisements
We hereby give notice that for the purposes of the Financial Services Act 1986 (as amended) we are not an "authorised person" and are not authorised to carry on "investment business" within the meaning of that Act. If you are interested in seeking further information about any form of financial services described or displayed on our website, you should conduct your own enquiries as to whether the relevant person offering any such service is authorised for the purposes of the Financial Services Act 1986 (as amended).
You accept that in the event that you do enter into any contract with a provider of such services, you will be a customer of that service provider and not us for the purposes of the Financial Services Act 1986 (as amended).
13. Service Interruption and Viruses
While we will make every effort to ensure that this website is free of viruses and that access is provided continuously or free of faults, it is technically impossible to provide a website free from interruptions and (except to the extent that interruptions are caused by our negligence) we make no guarantees that this website will be free from interruptions or viruses. As a consequence and in common with most web publishers we take no responsibility for service interruption or the transmission of viruses or other malicious computer code through the Sites.
In addition, we may need to carry out maintenance of the web site from time to time and in doing so, we will attempt to keep disruption to the website to a minimum. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your computer or any of your property as a result of browsing this website or of downloading any of the files on this website.
14. Applicable Law
These terms and conditions are governed by Scots law and you agree that any dispute between us in relation thereto shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Packing crates competition
Lettingweb's promotion for a free packing crate is run externally by Removal Services Scotland, and any liability for sending out the crates lies with them.
The contest will run only until the 100 crates allowance has been fulfilled. Any users signing up to alerts after that point will not receive anything.
Sending of the crates is dependent on your details being sent to Removal Services Scotland, which you must undertake yourself.
Edinburgh Fringe Competition Terms
- The current closing date for the contest is 19th May, although this may be subject to change. The winner will be announced shortly after.
- Lettingweb reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice if given reasonable grounds to do so.
- The prize available in the contest may be replaced with a similar prize of equal value by Lettingweb. The winner may not request to change the prize.
- Entrants must be residents of the United Kingdom when the competition is entered.
- Lettingweb reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition. There is no charge to register with Lettingweb.
- Prize winners will be decided by Lettingweb, although the means of winner-selection is subject to change.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)' names may be published by Lettingweb on any platform they so choose.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified when the winner is announced. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Lettingweb reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Lettingweb and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.